Sunday, December 6, 2009

World Day for Disabled

There are new pics up on my picasa page from out World Day for Disabled Celebration on Thursday. It was a TON of work, but I think everything went pretty well. It was certainly worth it, seeing all our clients together, having fun.
This is my last weekend in Malava and my house has been taken over by teenage girls. There are like 30 aspiring sisters here this weekend for workshops. Needless to say, my quiet little home is not to tranquil right now. I'm looking forward to having my space back to myself tomorrow.
This is also the last week at St. Julie's. We have a ton of end of the year wrap up stuff to do, like taking toy inventories. Hopefully that well help me keep my mind off the fact that I'm SUPER excited for Kate to get here. She leaves the states tomorrow morning, but won't be here in Malava until Wed. After a short 24 hour visit in Malava, we're off for a whirlwind 8 day vacation around Kenya, and then its back to the states next week. I recently discovered that I read my itinerary wrong for the flight home and I have a 26 hour layover in Brussels. Initially I was really frustrating, but now I'm kind of excited. I've never been anywhere in Europe before, so I'm going to walk around, enjoy the architecture, have some waffles and drink some of the best beer in Europe. I'll be back in Cincinnati (back to winter!) on Friday December 18th.

No comments: