Friday, September 25, 2009

Well I was afraid this would happen sooner or later. Looks like I have malaria for a third time. Its not too bad, but they decided to treat it this time with quinine (the stuff they put in tonic water to make it bitter). The side effects may actually be worse than the malaria. It makes me really dizzy and leaves that tonic water bitter taste in my mouth. But the weirdest thing is that I feel like my ears are stuffed with cotton and they're ringing like I just left a night club. But hopefully this will be it. Quinine is apparently very effective at getting rid of malaria that is other wise drug resistant. I surely hope so!
Otherwise there's not much going on out here in Malava. Things have been quiet at St. Julie's since we got back from our Nairobi vacation. We have a staff outing and teaching Kenyans about Halloween to look forward to in October- and if anyone wants to send us candy, that would be awesome!

No comments: