Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gowri I'm a bad friend...but a very happy belated Birthday!

There's not too much to report from this end. I went to Eldoret to the Angelican Church clinic there with some of our kids this past thursday. A bunch of kids didn't show up so we only ended up taking one car. We thought that we would have a quick day but unfortunately they forgot the leg brace for Jairus so we had to wait for them to attempt to fashion a crude one that will work until we can take him again for the right one. Otherwise, life here has been pretty normal day to day. I would like to say a VERY big thank you to the First Unitarian Universalist Church community and especially to Katie Campbell for your generous contribution of toys to the St. Julie's Centre. I can't wait for them to get here. I'll be sure to post pictures of our kids when they get here. Your generosity is really heart warming.

Next weekend I'll head to Nairobi for a few days to meet our newest American volunteer- Katie O'dea. For those of you who don't know, Jean left Kenya back in April due to some minor health problems. I've gotten used to being on my own in the community here, but it will be nice to have a roommate again. So I'll be sure to send you all an update from Nairobi sometime next week.

I hope everyone at home is doing well. I miss you all. I can't believe that next week is our half way point is next week. Time is flying by. Thanks for keeping up with my stories.

No comments: