Sunday, January 11, 2009

London baby


The Kenya and Nigeria Teams!
Jean (Kenya), Tom (Kenya), Aubrie (Nigeria), ME, Michael (Kenya), Katie (Nigeria)

Baltimore Harbor

We have made it through the first leg of our flight from Washington D.C. to London. While the sun is rising here, I think we all feel like it should be the middle of the night. We'll lose a total of eight hours on this trip.
I've been in Baltimore since Monday for a training with the other volunteers from Kenya and the Nigerian volunteers. We had meetings on a variety of topics- community living, balancing life in mission, finding our inner unconditional. Lots and lots of information to process, but all really helpful in it's own way.
The sisters had a Missioning Service for us on Friday night, which was lovely. We had a chance to talk about our spirit and ideas behind our year of service coming up and the SNDs there sent us along with their blessings and their prayers.
We land in Nairobi tonight around 10 pm and will be there until Thursday. All I know about getting from the airport to where we're staying in Nairobi is that we're going to be met by the sister's driver Titus. I hope he has a sign. We'll have some orientation there, and I'm looking forward to seeing the places that I've read about in guide books. I'll be sure to post more about the experience there whenever I have internet.

No comments: